Parker Bridwell - 9th round - RHP (HS)

Bridwell graduated from Hereford High last month, completing a stellar athletic career for the Whitefaces during which he starred in football, basketball and as a baseball pitcher. Bridwell has signed to play baseball at Texas Tech.

"Everything has gone well and I think I will be drafted," said Bridwell, who went 7-2 and recorded 106 strikeouts in 65 innings.

"A bunch of teams have called and then a bunch have come to Hereford to watch me throw a bullpen."

Teams visiting Bridwell in Hereford include the New York Yankees, Baltimore Orioles, and Pittsburgh Pirates.

"I have no clue what they are looking for so I just throw and hope they like it," Bridwell said. "If I don't go in the draft as early as I like I still have the scholarship to Tech. So really, everything is positive.

"This is like a dream come true."

He goes to Hereford HS. Hereford cattle have white faces, and I'm guessing are occasionally referred to as "whiteface cattle". According to his Scout.com picture, the sports teams are referred to as the Herd, which would lend credence to my theory.

He goes to Hereford HS. Hereford cattle have white faces, and I'm guessing are occasionally referred to as "whiteface cattle". According to his Scout.com picture, the sports teams are referred to as the Herd, which would lend credence to my theory.

I don't know about the HS, but you are definitely correct about Hereford cattle being referred to as "whitefaces."

Archived